CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
" Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: Remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. " - Eckhart Tolle

THIS BLOG IS BEST VIEWED IN GOOGLE CHROME ;)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Beauty of Giving Birth

I decided early in my pregnancy that natural was the way for me in spite of my huge tummy. My nanay had a ceasarian section, and she was much worried on me wanting to have it naturally.

After researching I realized that it is crazy to think that you cannot do it. Why would you want to give your newborn baby drugs? I can’t imagine. So I started during pregnancy, teaching my body to relax, breathing, listening to relaxing music and training my muscles.

I woke up around 4 am when I noticed my water breaks. Since ‘twas my first time, never did I imagine that it was already my water starting to break. I went back to sleep since I didn’t feel any pain as my hubby advised. Then after a few minutes there came another one. I called my nanay to let her know it started. We decided to go to a midwife nearby, which came to be my godmother as well. I walked for about 50 meters from our house to the clinic. From there I knew it was already 5 cm. She let me know that I needed to push the baby before 12 hours to avoid complications.

We got home and that was the time I felt the contractions. It got down to 3-5 mins apart. I went to the bathroom to take a bath then headed myself to the hospital where I am scheduled to give birth. I got checked in at the hospital at 6 am and contractions dropped to 1-2 mins apart. Once in a while I took a glance to my husband which was out from the laboratory room where I was. Looking worried, and so I am.

I walked around, sat on the chair when a nurse asked me to have a blood & urine sample. Since it’s getting painful I told her I couldn’t have a pee anymore and blood continued flowing. I could still remember how disappointed the nurse when I refused to have the laboratory sample.

… sat on a wheelchair, about 9 til 10 AM I new I had to push, I rolled over and they checked me, I was full dilated. I pushed for a little over an hour, my beautiful daughter was born at 10:14 AM. Midwives, nurses and the doctor had a tough time attending with me ( hahaha I know).

After a few hours the numbness in my leg finally went away and all was well.

But, knowing I wanted more children, and never wanting to have that kind of experience again, when I next became pregnant, I heard about and began to study visualization and relaxation. I never wanted to be in a situation where I felt so out of control and scared.

The long and short of it is that I now have these two incredible poeple who I could never live without, Oscar and Ora , and are a constant source of joy.

It was the most amazing experience. We‘re planning to have another one 5 years from now and will definitely go the same way! I think every woman should at least try natural. I didn’t slept for two days, didn’t pee for 3 days, didn’t poo for 5 days and was very much intoxicated this is due to my stitches getting much painful since I didn’t choose to take any medical pain reliever. But gladly I overcome everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment