CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
" Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: Remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. " - Eckhart Tolle

THIS BLOG IS BEST VIEWED IN GOOGLE CHROME ;)

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Between Home and Work





Normally, I try to keep walls between home life and my professional career. I leave my kids to my parents, and then I go to work and do my job. My company has a decent vacation and sick leave policy. They aren’t monsters anyway who refuse to grant a day off . But early morning today (1 am) Ora started talking in  her sleep. I kept putting cool towel on her forehead hoping her  fever would go down. Everyone in the house was worried. I packed her things already from her diapers to her  clothes, to the pillows  she might be using for her confinement. I could hardly find balance between work and family today. And it seems like an impossible goal to work on this day. I still have 5 hours to decide… But today I was torn between juggling workloads in the office and my family responsibilities. I wanted to stay and look for her while she’s sick and work has to be put on the back-burner  but I need to work too as today I promised to go back from job.  From Quad’s illness, to mine, down to Ora, everything takes a toll in my life to this very day. I felt very guilty for this.


I know she needs more of my  time. 
I know she  deserves it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment